Friday, December 16, 2016

Robert gets the ball rolling


Earlier this week I was staring at the calendar, waiting for something sports card related to show up in my mailbox. It seemed like I'd be waiting for-ev-errr

Thursday I got two shipment notices - one from COMC and one from Jaybarkerfan. In between those bits of good news there was an actual delivery at my door - a six pack of cards from Robert at $30 A Week Habit.

I had set aside some serial-numbered hockey cards for his SNI project, and a bunch of Blue Jays sitting in my commons binders were on his wantlist. I would have sent them to Robert already... but I didn't have his address until these cards arrived:



A pair of 1968-69 Topps cards for my (vintage) Montreal Canadiens collection. Both Lorne "Gump" Worsley and Henri "Pocket Rocket" Richard are hockey Hall of Famers... and both cards now share the honor of being the oldest hockey cards in my collection.


Robert also sent some vintage baseball for my 1956 Topps collection:



What I didn't realize until after that cards arrived is that I already have the Burbrink incoming from COMC. (it seems I ordered it so long ago I had forgotten all about it)





No worries though... I'm sure someone else can use a copy. Lots of bloggers are working on the '56 set.


There was also a surprise card included in Robert's mailer.. this Carlos Gonzalez Purprle Refractor from 2013 Topps Chrome:

Color matching refractors ftw!


Thanks for the trade Robert! Now that I have your address, I'll send your cards tomorrow.


Hope you all have a great weekend!



 ~
 



2 comments:

  1. Glad they arrived safely Chris! Looking forward to some more serial #'s for my little project...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I sent yours today. Hopefully they'll get to you safely & quickly. I think there may be one or two SNI cards of teams you haven't added yet-and I threw in some extra cards for a different wantlist ;)

      Delete