Saturday, February 18, 2017

A Victorious Order From Just Commons


A couple weeks ago I saw a post from Jordan (Mint Condition) about a stack of cards he bought from Just Commons. I was impressed at the wide variety of base cards and decided to place an order with Just Commons that night. As I teased in yesterday's post.. those cards were waiting for me when I got home from work. And here they are:



I was hoping to finish off my 1993 Flair set, but the site only had seven that I needed (I bought more, but Kin Kinsley helped me out - and he shipped a lot faster.) 

Just Commons only sells baseball cards, so I ended up boosting my Red Sox binders and prioritized my two favorite Sox stars. 

Dustin Pedroia, including my first two base cards from 2017 Topps:



 David Ortiz, including a heavily curled 2007 Topps Chrome:


 More Ortiz (Moar-tiz?) plus a couple Mo Vaughn cards (Mo-tiz?)


Assorted Red Sox, including one of my favorites in the lot - this 2012 Topps Pedey with the American flag covering the Green Monster.


 Some older Sox - and one archives Nomar I couldn't fit in anywhere else.


Some junk wax-era goodies, including a pair of color-matching Orioles from '88 Donruss Baseball's Best (the front and backs of these are infinitely better than the boring blue base set), an '88 Topps Traded Kirk Gibson I've wanted forever, and a '93 Fleer Ultra Tim Salmon I bought after Kin sent me a 1993 Flair Salmon and I had a flashback to my tween years.


And a few for my star player boxes - including my first base card of Manny Machado (he's only been in the league for five years...shame on me.) My next Just Commons order will be heavy on cards like these.


 But my favorite card in the lot was this First Pitch insert from 2017 Topps:


Ever since I saw this on AJ's blog The Lost Collector I knew I wanted it. It's not every day that one of my favorite females finds her way onto cardboard. (If I want to see any other famous women I like on a trading card, I have to go to Gavin for some "pretty girl" customs.)


If you're interested in why I like Victoria, I wrote a little more about her on my other blog

Even though I whiffed with the '56 Topps Walker Cooper I'd say my first Just Commons order was...






Enjoy your Saturday, everyone!


~

9 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. thank you! Just Commons has quite a selection.

      Delete
    2. I may have to look at them as well..

      Delete
  2. I remember opening a few packs of Flair when I was a kid. They seemed so high end compared to Topps flagship because of the box each pack came in.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Didn't they? I loved the packaging, it was like opening a cigarette box or something.

      Delete
  3. If you are interested, I could help you out with some Machado cards. I just found a few of his in a box while looking for other cards.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely! I'm short on Masahiro Tanaka as well. And by "short" I mean I have zero Masahiro Tanaka cards.

      Delete
  4. I sent you an email with my information for your Heritage giveaway. Shoot me an email and maybe we can start working out a trade. And I am looking forward to seeing what you pull from the Heritage.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would have sent you the Justice! I had no clue who she was...but I don't mind what I see.

    ReplyDelete