Monday, October 23, 2023

The Diamond King Prizm Prize

 Quick 'thank you' post because the World Series is on tonight or something...

Recently Kevin, aka The Diamond King, had a contest offering to do some card show shopping for one lucky winner. I somehow won, and asked Kevin to keep an eye out for 1993 Donruss Diamond Kings inserts..

is this a sign that Texas will win?


Panini Prizm football parallels...


I like this color matching Carson Wentz, which was no doubt available because he is currently unemployed. Boy, how cruddy is this guy if Zach Wilson, Josh Dobbs, and Tyson Bagent are starting NFL games and he can't even get a backup job?

Blue Crystal Ice Prizm thingy numbered to 99 of a Falcon defender named Deion. (Did you know that this Deion led the league in interception return yards and pick-sixes as a rookie? "Coach Prime" didn't do that til his sixth NFL season.)


and current Packers.


Love stinks. Love hurts. Love...bites? Poor guy has the worst possible last name for bad puns.

The Packers pennant flag will come in handy as I've been looking for some logo cards to stick in the spine sleeve of my Green Bay binders. What do you think, should I keep it in here?

Kevin informed me that the card show didn't have as much cheap football as he had hoped, and asked if Mosaic parallels would be acceptable in addition to Prizm.

Sure, I'll take shiny parallels of these guys. Remember when I paid $30 for a fat pack of Mosaic because I was desperate to rip something during the pandemic? These reminded me, lol.


Colorful college cards were also included in this PWE -- and the second PWE that came with it. Bonus!


The Kelley might be my favorite here. I wouldn't have hand-picked Henry Ruggs, for obvious reasons, but its shiny and blends in with the others. I'll find a place for it in my box.

Hmm.. looks like my football boxes are stuffed. How am I going to squeeze these in? 

My space-saving solution is on the way. I just hope it doesn't arrive on Saturday, as I'll be visiting my family in Connecticut. My cousin and sister will be in town, and a distant cousin and her daughter are visiting from California. 

Apparently the daughter is an aspiring writer and Mom mentioned my short story. One thing led to another and... I may be doing a book reading/performance of Sarah's Surf Shop for an actual audience. Wish me luck. 



Kevin, thanks again for the fantastic football pickups (and the Juan Gone DK). I owe you one!



Thanks for reading!



~

5 comments:

  1. Nice stuff from the Diamind King! Good luck with the performance!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, those boxes look pretty darn full! Are they organized at all? It doesn't look like it from the photo. And that's gonna be an awfully long story to read out loud. Better make sure that everyone's gone to the bathroom before you start :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're sorted chronologically, from 1960 i think at the front of the first box to 2023 at the back of the second.

      My story is a 20 minute read silently, so probably a half hour out loud.

      Delete
  3. A new career ahead of you.. That you can write about on your blog!

    ReplyDelete