Monday, July 24, 2023

I Wrote a Thing

My mom is going on a long road trip in a couple weeks and I wanted to give her some reading material for the ride, so I rebooted a short story I started a few years ago. Finished it late last night. 

I figured if it's ready for my family to read, I might as well offer to share it with you guys (you're basically family, lol) It's about a surf shop, a YouTuber, and some misfortunes with a common thread. Nothing super serious, mostly written for fun (and my teenage daughter) but if there's interest I'll post it here, in 4 excerpts, before my birthday-adjacent sports card purchases arrive. 


Sarah’s Surf Shop


Surfboards * Swimwear
Skateboards * Water Sports
Boat/Bike Rentals * T-Shirts
A
rtisan Crafts * Bubble Tea

 

Open Seven Days

Sunrise to Sunset




~

8 comments:

  1. I'll give it a read, although admittedly I know nothing about surfing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You won't need to know anything about surfing. I don't :)

      Delete
  2. I think it's really great that A). You originally wrote the story for your daughter, and B). That you've revived it for your mom.

    I'm usually very keen to read your writings, but I don't know this time, surfing girls would be a bit of a stretch for me. I suppose I'd still give it a go, but no promises though.

    ReplyDelete