Tuesday, October 16, 2018

5 Minute Post* - Pack Attack

If you've read any of my previous posts (like the critically-acclaimed Sports Card Tour series) you know that I write very long, article-length posts here..so I wasn't even going to attempt this five minute posting challenge that's made its way 'round the blogosphere. 

That said, I am interested to see how quickly I can complete this post (scanning time not included) and since my daughter has a soccer game in about an hour I'll attempt a timed post starting... now. 

 
A couple months ago I reached out to Roy (aka Bulldog) about a potential football card trade. I had organized all my binders and boxes, and had lots of room for star player base cards. Roy is one of the few football card collectors on my blogroll, and offered to send me a bunch of Packers cards. 


 

The box he sent me was loaded with well over 300 cards of the green and gold. Lots of inserts, and Packers greats. This post wont be able to capture a fraction of Roy's generosity. 


 

I have been waiting to discuss these cards until after a Packers win; and we got one last night when Aaron Rodgers led the Pack to a 33-30 victory over San Fran. He truly is The Franchise. (I missed out on an Adrian Peterson insert from that set because I was out of cash and needed one more COMC challenge. Someone bought it to flip. The next day I was able to earn $3 in challenge credit...


...which left me about a dollar short in buying this card. However, it was discounted further while I was on my lunch break. I had to sell a card I needed from my set (Thnks Fr Th Mmrs, Walter Tavares) at a 3 cent loss so I could snag this gold parallel #d/99. But it's mine now.

 

I got my first cards of Yancey and Fackrell, and first Packers card of Jimmy Graham thanks to Roy. So happy for Mason Crosby after the crappy game he had against the Lions. The 27-yard winner wasn't pretty but it got the job done.


I still haven't finished sorting all the cards Roy sent. I was only able to go up to 2012 with the 9-pocket pages and binder space at my disposal. Also, our office moved away from the comic book shop I used to hit up for supplies and packs of Topps baseball. I mss that place already.


Also, I now have loads of Packers dupes to trade. I'm working on adding my traders to TCDB so I wont be blogging as much as I'd like until that's done. Speaking of which...



 See? I told you I can't write a post in five minutes.


Wisconsin sports teams had a good night last night. I'm hoping Travis Shaw gets to face his old team in the WS - even though they've got a couple of jerks on the Brew Crew I find myself pulling for the small-market squad that has never won a WS and rarely even makes it to the postseason. I wouldn't mind if the Dodgers won the NLCS, but I definitely don't want a repeat of last year. ;)



~


3 comments:

  1. That Donruss Classics Rodgers is awesome! The Packers beating the 49ers last night was even awesomer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As a Lions fan...and a Tom Brady fan, I'm not a big Rodgers guy, although he truly is a terrific quarterback.

    Good job. 👍

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you enjoyed the cards. That's what it is all about.

    ReplyDelete