Saturday, March 16, 2019

Burnout

I haven't posted in ten days but it feels like a month. I'm not depressed or busy, I'm just feeling burnt out by all the work that goes into enjoying this hobby of ours. 

Lately I've been reconfiguring my entire card collection (while watching Bob's Burgers or Family Guy) and doing as many COMC challenges as I can before the Spring Cleaning sale.

I posted a "quote" on my TCDB profile that I'm not making any more trades until every card in my collection is checked into the site. Naturally, I got four trade offers after posting my 'closed until Spring' sign...so I moved my entire tradelist to my collection. I've got more immediate card-related concerns to address anyhow.

Before I complete my cataloging project I have to send cards out to bloggers who have sent/are sending me cards and aren't worried about "winning" a trade.

A couple weeks ago Billy posted a list of sets he is one card away from completing. I checked my TCDB list and found that I have two set fillers for him.. but I've been so exhausted that I still haven't sent them. Of course, Billy didn't let that stop him from sending a PWE to me:



 Billy picked out a pair of Brett Favre cards for me, including this 2005 Topps Turn Back The Clock promo. I think it's a promo, anyway..I seem to recall my LCS issuing three-card packs of these with a qualifying purchase.


This 1996 Pinnacle Laser View hologram scanned better than I thought. It took me a second, but I can see Brett's image in there. These two cards of #4 bring my total to 685 (not counting the dozen or so COMC is holding in my inventory.)


The rest of this PWE was basketball based, including a Ray Allen Stadium Club RC for my UConn and Milwaukee Bucks collection.


This Hall of Fame trio is brought to you by the letter W.


And the rest of the PWE. Penny, Deng, and Deron are my favorites here. The Elton Brand looked like a gold parallel to me, but the base backgrounds all have that gold tint.

Billy, thanks again for the great cards! I'm determined to catch up on blogs and trade packages this week, and your PWE will be at the top of the list! (Jon, Doug, and Kerry yours are on there as well.)


Have a great weekend everyone!



~





8 comments:

  1. Chris, I'm right there with you. I've been suffering from some burnout as well. Much like you also, I need to work on reconfiguring my collection as I was working on bindering up cards and I realized "I have a lot of clutter". Definitely going to work on cutting out some clutter and scaling everything down.

    Hope your cataloging project goes well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck cataloging your collection. I can't wait to see when it's finished.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Challenges and TCDB cataloging... neither is good for writing blog posts. I guess this explains why I couldn't find your tradelist! I thought I was just having some sort of technical difficulty, good to know that it wasn't a me thing though. And there's no need to rush my stuff, as I'm still working on your cards, not surprisingly it's taking me a little longer than I expected.

    As for those cards, I've never seen either of those sets that the Favre's are from, now I'll have to look into those.

    The blogs seem to be on a downward trend these last couple of weeks, so stop dilly dallying, and get to supporting your fellow bloggers... those posts don't read themselves :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nique! Great cards and good luck with catching up. It is always tough but feels so great when your done.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been suffering from burnout coupled with anxiety and depression since probably November. I'm slowly working on getting my collection back organized..
    I have four trade offers on TCDB right now, despite the fact I barely have anything listed..

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Chris, nice post! A little amazed how well that hologram card scanned.

    Don't be afraid to take a little break if you need! It's supposed to be fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. On TCDB, if you don't want to get trades, the easiest way to do that is to go to your profile:
    https://www.tradingcarddb.com/EditProfile.cfm

    At the bottom there is an option for "Allow other members to send you transaction proposals?" -- Set that to "No" and you won't get any until you turn it back on.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad you like what I sent! The two Favres were purchased specifically for you but the rest is just random cards out of my duplicates box that I thought you might enjoy.

    ReplyDelete