Wednesday, May 22, 2019

Stanley Cup Contest Winners

Programming note: My card cataloging and reorganization project is almost complete. Regular blogging activities (and trading!) will resume on or about June 1.


The St. Louis Blues punched their ticket to the Stanley Cup Final last night, eliminating the San Jose Sharks in six games. Since no one claimed the Blues or the Boston Bruins in my playoff contest I can announce the winners now.


The teams that were claimed are listed below:

Tampa Bay Lightning - Gregory (Nine Pockets)
Toronto Maple Leafs - Commishbob (The Five Tool Collector)
New York Islanders - Corky (Pack War)
Pittsburgh Penguins - Brian (Collecting Cutch)
Washington Capitals - Greg (The Collective Mind)
Calgary Flames - Gavin (Baseball Card Breakdown)
Nashville Predators - Jon (A Penny Sleeve For Your Thoughts) playing for Billy
San Jose Sharks - Fuji (The Chronicles of Fuji)
Vegas Golden Knights - Billy (Cardboard History)


Those of you who participated get one chance at the main prize (a bubble mailer full of hockey cards) for every playoff win your claimed team accumulated. Here's the full list of wins by team:

Capitals
Capitals
Capitals
Flames
Golden Knights
Golden Knights
Golden Knights
Islanders
Islanders
Islanders
Islanders
Maple Leafs
Maple Leafs
Maple Leafs
Predators
Predators
Sharks
Sharks
Sharks
Sharks
Sharks

Sharks
Sharks
Sharks 

Sharks
Sharks

I entered this list into random.org and randomized it four times (to represent the four rounds of playoffs) The team at the top is the winner:



I should not be surprised that the winner is Fuji since San Jose won the most games of any claimed team by far. Fuji, I wish the Sharks could have won the Stanley Cup - but at least they won you some free cards!



Now we'll do the random drawing for a PWE of hockey cards. Everyone (else) gets an equal chance:


Gregory wins the PWE, wehich makes me feel better about this since the team he claimed didn't win one single playoff game. Gregory, email your address to sutherlandct@gmail (dot com) and I'll ship the prizes out this weekend.

Thanks for playing and enjoy the Stanley Cup Finals. Let's Go Bruins! :-)



~




5 comments:

  1. Thanks for the contest! We had a great lunch room conversation today about the Sharks. There was a sub sitting by himself, so we invited him to join us. We started talking about the Sharks and he was so bummed by their loss. The rest of us were not even phased. As a Sharks fan since their days at the Cow Palace, I learned six, seven, maybe eight years ago to have zero expectations and just enjoy them for what they are. He was like how do you call yourselves fans? And I told him my classroom is decorated with their stuff. I wear their jerseys. I collect their cards and autographs. I try to go to at least a few games each season (although I didn't go to any this year). And I'll cheer for them until my voice goes out. But I will never go into the season expecting them to win the Stanley Cup. It just leads me to heartache. That being said... I was bummed that they lost, but it is what it is. Until next season... go Sharks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I said the same thing about the Capitals until last year, so don't think it'll never happen.

    Man, my entries in the Randomizer sank to the bottom like our hopes after the first round...

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is the third time in the past year I've won a prize for doing so poorly in one of these types of contests. Hooray for last place! (And thanks for putting on the contest, Chris!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So much for me trying to win some cards for Billy! :(

    ReplyDelete