Friday, October 20, 2023

Big Box of Big Cards

Just a few short years ago - when the blogs were more active and sports cards were cheaper/more accessible - I frequently exchanged cards with several regulars of the card blogging community.

Now I'm down to one regular "trade" partner here, and it's worked out quite well so far. If you're only going to swap cards with one blogger or TCDB user, I can't recommend anyone better than Dennis. 


He's offered up some tradebait spoils from card shows and I've offered up some Free Stuff here and there, but his recent acquisition of a big collection full of big cards launched this mailday from a potential PWE to a full flat rate box!


Some of the items were agreed to in advance but Dennis warned me there would be surprises.


This wasn't one of them. I knew it was coming, but I did not know that I would need it immediately.

Cards of all sizes were sealed within. I had a couple 2- and 4-pocket pages already so I claimed some box toppers and big sized singles. Got a lot more than I was expecting!


Some standard-sized cards, too. Hundreds of 'em. In addition to the completed (series 1) set of 1996 Score in the binder pages, Dennis used these as box filler - a complete (series 2) set of 1994 Ultra, plus all the base common bronze singles from (series 2) 1996 Finest.


Here they are, set free and stacked high. The cards in front are random claims from his card show purchases. The stack on the right (with Jimmie Foxx on top) contains 83 Red Sox base, insert, and relic cards.

This will keep me busy for a couple weeks - right up until my COMC shipment arrives. I'll be sure to share the wealth and offer up a few freebies next Friday, along with some new cards to claim.


Dennis, thank you very much for the hundreds of neat cards!!



Have a great weekend everyone!



~



p.s. I am slowly chipping away at the "best players who didn't have a Starting Lineup figure" list. Hope to have that done in early November :)

9 comments:

  1. Wow some great stuff, not surprised its from Dennis.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're welcome, and have fun digging through those! Very nice of you to offer up some freebies too, not that I'm surprised since you're a generous dude.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Always fun going through a collection like that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now that's a mailing! I already mentioned it in Dennis' post, but that binder is really neat. I've never seen one like it before, and can't help but wonder if any similar ones were made for the other major sports.

    ReplyDelete