Wednesday, December 22, 2021

Covid and Cards

My daughter tested positive for Covid over the weekend. I started showing symptoms on Monday, the same day that my COMC order arrived. I'm going to get tested tomorrow, and I'm certain it will confirm that I have Covid as well.

I've been trying to summon enough energy to discuss some of the 57 cards I received from COMC - and just as I started writing this post I received an email from Dennis informing me that I had a package. If I'm feeling better this weekend I'll try to scan up those cards. For now, here's a few I picked out in November.


This 1971 Topps Nate Colbert is in nice enough shape that I picked it up for my All-Time Teams collection even though I have a 1970 Colbert in the binder. Even if it's not an 'upgrade' I couldn't pass it up for 57 cents.


There aren't a lot of action photos on Cleveland Barons cards, so I didn't mind spending 78 cents on this Ralph Klassen single from 1977-78 O-Pee-Chee. I made an offer on a logo card but the seller wouldn't budge.

A lot of the cards in this order were newer and shinier than Colbert and Klassen, including this pair of Rams from 2015 Panini Prizm. Eric Dickerson set me back $1.60 while Jared Cook was just $0.34.

COMC's turnaround time has greatly improved; this order arrived in less than a month. Around the same time I placed an order at the Baseball Card Store. That one hasn't shipped yet and I'm not sure if it's because I didn't pay for shipping or if they've got a backlog of orders. I'll check in with Steven once I'm feeling 100% again.


I hope you are all staying safe and healthy. Merry Christmas everyone!


~



11 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear about the diagnosis. My family and I got it last year right around Christmas, and it sucked. Hope you and your daughter have a mild version of it and there are no complications. Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Take care of yourself! Some nice cards there to help you through it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Best of luck to you and your daughter. Hope your illness doesn't last long.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you and your daughter recover quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That sucks, man! All the best to you guys.

    And nice cards. Glad to see my guy Nate Colbert get top billing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wish you and your daughter a speedy and full recovery. As for the cards... that Colbert is clean... and that Baron's card is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The family that gets corona together, stays together? I'm sure that you'll both be fine, but try not to cough on any strangers for the next couple of weeks though, they might not appreciate getting it too.

    I got that same Dickerson a couple of years ago too, and am also waiting for a Baseball Card Store order that was placed on Black Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Get well soon! Best to you and your family for speedy recoveries.

    ReplyDelete