Saturday, December 9, 2023

Cards From Bloggers

Lots of cards incoming and lots of posts upcoming, so let's start by thanking YOU the blogosphere for sending so many great cards to Collector HQ!

I offered GCA of the Collective Mind blog (LoQtus on TCDB) a low-numbered parallel of a Washington RC .. but he doesn't collect Nationals. The Collector regrets the error. But! GCA countered with a very generous offer that included some set fillers and PC players:

A sampling of the 40 cards I received, including one of the nine Robin Younts in this trade, a Mattingly I've had my eye on for quite a while, and one of the '96 Score set fillers I needed to complete the near-set Dennis sent to me (more from Dennis in a minute.) 

The 2018 Panini Classics are a huge boost to the base set I decided to build after offloading at least a dozen singles in prior trades. That Kelce guy sounds familiar for some reason....

Gavin of the Baseball Card Breakdown blog sent this to me six years ago. I would never sell it -- it's Gav's IP to begin with -- but I have wondered how much he could sell these for considering another blogger, Gregory of Nine Pockets, has a nice little side business of custom cards and he isn't taking advantage of Taylor mania (yet?)

Gotta throw this in - I guess I understand why Queen Taylor stayed in an enclosed luxury box at Lambeau Field when the Packers beat her man's squad last Sunday... but Simone Biles was out among the crowd, in the elements, cheering on her man Jonathan Owens. I'm just sayin'.

Speaking of gifts... Tom of The Angels in Order blog (calangels on TCDB) has been sending out some BAGs lately. Just a few hours after reading that Jon Penneysleeves received a Blog Appreciation Gift, Tom send me a TCDB offer which included these:

Moar Yountz!!

Jeremy of the Topps Cards That Never Were blog has been breaking some shiny new baseball blasters. As it happened I bought the Rays slot on Nachos Grande's 2023 Topps Archives break and thought I could send a few over to our resident Rays collector. That got the ball rolling on a nice little trade:

He's Karensjer on TCDB and this was his first completed trade there(assuming he received the cards I sent him?)

Next we have Kerry of the Cards on Cards blog (madding on TCDB) who sent a few set fillers my way:

Cards of Cards from Cards on Cards

And finally we have a third care package from Dennis of the Too Many Verlanders blog. The fella known as FreehanSolo already has a Hall of Fame reputation on TCDB. This was not a TCDB trade, just some good ol' generosity from one of my best blogger bros.




Do any of you remember the 'war' between Bob Walk the Plank and Wes/JayBarkerFan? If I had the budget, I'd drop 'bombs' on Dennis like those guys did, cause these are the types of things he sends me:


No big deal, just a Raffy Devers patch relic from a high-end product. Oh, and these:


Glorious Pacific inserts! Super cool die cuts! I have to say the Clemens is my favorite here; even though I dislike the man he has some fantastic cards. The Brodeur McDonalds cards are awesome as well.


I'm very fortunate to have such generous blogger friends, and I hope that what I'm sending out to some of you is half as good as what you've sent to me. Thank you Greg, Kerry, Tom, Jeremy, and Dennis!


And thank you all for reading and supporting this blog! 



Have a great weekend!



~

9 comments:

  1. Glad you liked the stuff from me, and those are some very nice cards you got from others as well. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally didn't realize that Taylor was in that set of Pretty Girls cards that Gavin produced. He held a contest back in 2016 for a complete set... and the ability to pick an additional subject for the set. I won (and picked Grace Park). By the way... not sure if he's still selling them... but back then you could buy singles from the set for $5 each or the entire set for $25.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If I had Wes money to play with, I'd blitzkrieg the shit out of my blogging friends :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice to see my old Taylor custom among these. I also made an '83 Topps style of her back then and think I even sold one or two. But nowadays I'm focused on cardart. Customs were always a pain fussing with printers, plus worrying about legal risks if you stepped on any toes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This post reminded me that I had some of those cards from Gavin too. Found the Taylor Swift and gave it to my 12-year-old daughter who is a big fan. Also gave my son some of the nonsport cards from your COMC purge.

    ReplyDelete