Monday, September 7, 2020

You're Invited...



I was sliding some set fillers into a binder last week, and then I paused. My binders are arranged chronologically, but I knew I'd have to acquire more 1993 Leaf singles and it seemed like a good idea to slot it in a more accessible area.

The top left cubby hole has 1992 and 1993 Fleer Ultra sets, along with 1993 Flair. I moved the 1993 Leaf binder into another cubby, next to.. a binder that contained complete sets of 1993 SP Baseball and Football.

I also had some set fillers for my 1993-94 Fleer Ultra Basketball set build, which go in a monster box because I don't have any more room for binders. I also have complete sets of 1993-94 Leaf, Fleer Ultra, and SP Hockey among many others.

I really like 1993 sports card sets.

In that moment I asked myself a couple of questions - potential topics to explore on this blog. And then I asked myself if I should start a second blog specifically focused on the year 1993.

As I pondered the possibilities (along with the time and energy I would need to nurture two blogs at once) I realized what day it was. Thursday. September 3.

I've spent all weekend cleaning my upstairs room and thinking of ideas for The 1993. There's only one post up so far, but we've got a background image courtesy of Sports Illustrated and a banner courtesy of GCRL Jim. I plan to post something on each blog once a week though The 1993 lends itself to shorter, more frequent posts.


I hope you will join me as I wax nostalgic for the early 1990s.



Thanks for reading!


~

 


 

 

13 comments:

  1. So you realized it was my birthday, and that was why you decided to start a new blog, huh? B^)

    Looking forward to it. I was long out of the hobby in 1993, and when I got back in it was because I was given a junk wax collection that ended in 1992. Obviously I've acquired some 1993 cards since then, but it's not a year I'm all that familiar with card-wise.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it's the gift that keeps on giving. You'll have something new to read once (or twice) a week. Happy birthday!

      Delete
    2. That's a very good present indeed!

      Delete
  2. I was 16 in 1993. Pretty good year. It was the last year I bought new cards until the early 00s.
    Needless to say I've got tons of '93s from all kinds of sets if you ever want them . . .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll have a 1993-specific wantlist up in the near future.

      Delete
  3. 1993 was when I graduated high school, so that year is obviously special to me. It's also the year I stopped collecting for awhile, so I'm sure you'll show off a lot of things I missed!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the 90's... so a blog dedicated to 1993 is right up my alley. Looking forward to reading your posts.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cool, I'll actually get to subscribe to a blog in it's infancy. I'm in. I was a junior in high school back in 93 so it should be a fun read.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just read the first post--great start! Love the layout, too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome! Good luck with that one.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just added it to my blogroll. I'll be reading!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for following, everyone!

    ReplyDelete