Saturday, December 26, 2020

Christmas Recap

I hope you all had an enjoyable Christmas (or Hanukkah) and that you were able to celebrate safely with your families and friends with little or no diversion from your usual traditions. I was able to visit my mom in her new house last Saturday, which was nice. Didn't get to see my sister but my cousin was there the whole time.

My bosses gave us all a Google Home Hub thingy as our Christmas bonus. It's a nice gift but I'm probably going to sell it on eBay. Last year they got us a $100 gift certificate to an Italian restaurant. I tried to get my wife to go in January and February, but we were too busy. Then the pandemic hit in March and we never used it :/

My manager G was able to get me out of jury duty (for a year at least) and gave me Christmas Eve off. A four day break from her country music playlist going to the office is a gift in itself, especially when it's paid time off. I spent the day organizing all of my new football cards and putting the finishing touches on the prize box. At night, the girls and I watched Home Alone and had our usual Christmas Eve traditions. The Mrs. and I actually got the wrapping done before 2 a.m. which was nice (usually my wife is up til 4 a.m. on Xmas!) 

The girls got tons of stuff they wanted, and they're very happy. Lots of books, toys, dolls, and Animal Crossing. That's what they're into now. They each have a Nintendo Switch, and they got interactive cards, a sheet set, mini-plushies, and a pillow of Tom Nook's racoon head

My wife and I bought each other CDs for Christmas, so now we have some rockin' new tunes from Nothing But Thieves, Pvris, and I Don't Know How But They Found Me. Nothing But Thieves is D's favorite band right now, she took her niece to see them play a show a year or two ago. I got her an autographed CD, a regular CD, a limited edition vinyl, and a winter hat. This is my favorite NBT song so far:

Pvris and IDK How both opened for my favorite bands - the former opened for Muse/30 Seconds to Mars, the latter for Silversun Pickups. I've been a Pvris fan for a couple years now, and I'm just getting into IDK How. The concept of their debut album Razzmatazz is really neat, and "Leave Me Alone" is getting decent airplay on my local alternative station. 

As always I spent Christmas Day with my wife's family. My mother in law gifted me a new printer/scanner so I should be able to print out a copy of my story and send it to my mom once it's done. Also I'm very tempted to go all Office Space on my old scanner. Other gifts I received include $200 cash, two boxes of 9-pocket pages, a box of 2020-21 Upper Deck MVP hockey, and a pair of Packers slippers from my niece. Plus I got to watch two NBA games and one NFL game. Overall, I had a very nice Christmas. 


Due to all the trade packages and Christmas stuff I've had going on I haven't been able to comment on blogs lately. I should be able to catch up in the next couple days. As I may have mentioned I'm going to announce the winner of the NFL Week PWE Swap giveaway on Tuesday, since I know the mail has been slooow this year. Again, a huge thank you to everyone who has sent some football cards. Even though I haven't been able to scan and discuss them here please know that I have enjoyed them more as a result. 

The swap meet was so successful that I might host another one in the summer - NBA week perhaps?


Thanks for reading!





~



8 comments:

  1. - Loathe.
    - Like.
    - Neutral, though he's been saying some stupid things lately.
    - Kind of like I guess.
    - Like.
    - (eye roll)
    - Yuck.
    - Ugh.
    - Before my time, though he played for the C words.
    - As a Laker? Sheesh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've got plenty of basketball cards sitting around doing nothing . . .

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a pretty nice holiday. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Solid Christmas for the The Collector household! Glad to hear your kids were able to get a lot of the stuff they wanted. I think the thing I miss most was watching my nieces tear into their presents and the huge smiles on their faces.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't even know what a Google Home Hub is, so I'd be trying to sell it too. Basketball swap, eh? There's only like three bloggers who collect basketball cards, so that might not be as successful as this football exchange was.

    ReplyDelete