Monday, September 30, 2024

Buy 2, get 20% off

 I needed a Dennis Rodman RC for my 1988-89 Fleer set build, and I was tired of searching for the perfect example of a card I didn't really want to spend $25-30 on in the first place. So I searched eBay and came across one that was in decent enough shape at a decent enough price. 

The seller was running a promotion: 20% off two or more items. I was at work and couldn't spend too much time scrolling through all 8,000+ cards he was selling, so I stuck a few interesting ones in my cart along with the Rodman. 

Six other people were watching the Worm and I doubted the card would still be available eight hours later when I finally got home. So I ducked out into the lobby of my office building and quickly placed my order.

And that's how I ended up with all of these.

All serial numbered except the Levens - which was the most expensive at $3. Total for all seven cards came to about $36. I had no room for the MCW in my basketball box but I squeezed it in because I love color matching parallels.


I only need the Michael Jordan base card to finish the '88-89 Fleer set; I'll have to get a graded copy because the MJ market is so insane that people would probably counterfeit a “third year” card. 




Thanks for reading!



~




1 comment:

  1. I don’t want to know how insane the prices on a 3rd year Jordan could be. Good luck

    ReplyDelete