Saturday, December 2, 2017

Bonus Credit Blaster

I've got a busy Saturday ahead - including my 8 year old daughter's birthday party - but I wanted to throw out a quick post before I go.

As you may know, I had been holding all of my COMC purchases since the beginning of March at their warehouse until their big Black Friday special. I did this partly for the scratch-off tickets (which of course they're not doing anymore :/ ) but also for the shipping credit. Because I had 502 cards shipped to me I earned $25 in COMC cash..and this is how I spent it:


Your Latest Purchases
Bought 12/2/2017 6:59:56 AM for $5.25
1956 Topps - [Base] #97.1
Jerry Lynch (Gray Back) [edit] [share]
Item: 47475351
Bought 12/1/2017 9:16:32 PM for $2.50
Front Thumbnail
1956 Topps - [Base] #93.1
George Susce (Gray Back) [edit] [share]
Item: 47475350
Bought 12/1/2017 9:16:32 PM for $2.13
Front Thumbnail
1956 Topps - [Base] #7.2
Ron Negray (White Back) [edit] [share]
Item: 47475368
Bought 12/1/2017 9:16:32 PM for $1.75
Front Thumbnail
2017 Bowman - Chrome Prospect Autographs #CPA-JO
Josh Ockimey [edit] [share]
Item: 45046485
Bought 12/1/2017 9:13:39 PM for $13.38

7 comments:

  1. Wow. I thought my 120 cards sitting at comc.com waiting to be shipped to me was a lot... guess not!

    Nice Shutt auto. There were a lot of early to mid 2000's hockey products out there that produced a great assortment of autographs from home town heroes to hall-of-famers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll probably be at around 120 for the year next year. Maybe less, since I'm planning on cutting the card buying budget a lot.

      Fleer Greats is one of my favorite sets for autographs. I've been on a bit of a hard-signed HOFer kick lately.

      Delete
  2. I was really looking forward to the scratch-offs this year, as I was convinced that it was going to be my year to win something big... I guess I was wrong!

    And it's nice to hear you being upbeat about things for a change. Hopefully this will be the start of better things to come :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. COMC taking away the scratch-offs was a real disappointment. It's going to have an effect on how frequently I purchase cards from them, though I was planning to scale back anyway.

      Thanks for that Jon. I really am going to focus on my mental health a lot more in 2018. Blog post to follow (probably at the Pedestrian Writer)

      Delete
  3. I've shipped out 477 cards from COMC this year...that includes some comics too...but not all at once. With $25 for free I probably could have turned that into almost another free five spot, lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Someone on the sports card blogs gave me the idea to hold 'em all back after last year's Black Friday and it was not easy - but yeah, getting $25 back all at once is kinda nice.

      You must be doing some great bargain shopping; I'd have a hard time squeezing another $5 out of my purchases.

      Delete
  4. Thank you for you going gently comment on snow patrol!

    ReplyDelete