Monday, December 24, 2018

Christmas Cards from Fuji and Dennis

It's Christmas Eve and I'm exhausted from my weekend in Connecticut (plus staying up late prepping presents for my little ones) but I wanted to say thank you to Fuji and Dennis for adding me to their 'gift' list this Christmas.


Fuji started a "hit list" of collectors to send cards to, and (almost) cleared it all out this holiday season. This six-pack included three vintage Sox, two relic cards, and a Packer in a pear tree. Lol, that didn't work as well as I'd hoped.

The always generous Dennis of Too Many Verlanders/Mannighams sent a nice box of goodies my way. Lots of Sox here, including relics of Wade Boggs and Dustin Pedroia..


..and a pair of postcards from Cooperstown. I bought a handful of these the last time I visited the baseball HOF in the summer of '99 - but not Yaz or Teddy Ballgame. 

  
As if that wasn't generous enough..there were over 200 basketball cards in the box.


All of them were Hall of Famers from the 1990s-early 2000s: Karl Malone, David Robinson, Shaquille O'Neal...


...Gary Payton, Ray Allen, and Grant Hill. When I was cataloging my cards on TCDB recently, I realized that I'd never even seen the 2000-01 Upper Deck basketball set before. 


There was also a handful of Kevin Garnett and Magic Johnson cards, a couple Allen Iverson, and some Dennis Rodman. So many cool cards to catalog...


Three years ago I had maybe 100 basketball cards. Now thanks to the blogging community I have nearly 5,000 - and the top seven players listed are all due to contributions from Dennis.


Thanks again for the great cards, guys! Merry Christmas, everyone!


p.s. if you haven't blown out your budget on Black Friday..COMC is having another sale starting tomorrow. I didn't get to the CT card show (long story) so I might spend some cash there instead.


~






6 comments:

  1. I was just about to add more money to my COMC account. Perfect timing. Happy holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you liked your stuff (especially the basketball stuff I dumped on you). As usual Fuji killed it too. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Merry Christmas. I probably will not be shopping -- even online -- on Christmas. I'll check out COMC's sale in a couple of days.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Holidays Chris! Also, what kind of Basketball cards do you collect? I'm not sure exactly what I have, but there's a small box of cards that I could go through if you're interested.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would be interested for sure. I'll follow up on this when I get the Kimbrel card.

      Delete
  5. Vintage baseball and 90's basketball inserts... doesn't get too much better than that :)

    ReplyDelete