Wednesday, July 1, 2020

PWEs from Fuji and Jon

Quick post today because I'm planning a much longer one for Friday and I still haven't returned to regular commenting.

I've been scouring eBay looking for that big piece to add to my collection and so far I've been much too cautious. The prices are higher than I expect (which usually happens with auctions) and the one card I really want hasn't come back down to the price it was before i had the money to buy it. 

I saw a nice Pee Wee Reese 1956 Topps card just before I left work yesterday. I added it to my watch list, but by the time I got home someone bought it. It's just as well. I probably would have delayed a decision on it until it sold - like I've done with the Hank Aaron and Willie Mays cards that were on my watch list. 

You know what would be great? If there was a major sports card and memorabilia convention nearby with both high end and low end cards that I could purchase all at once without paying tax or shipping fees. Sigh...


Thankfully I've been perked up by a pair of PWEs from two of my favourite* bloggers.



 This Kevin Youkilis mini is one of 15 Red Sox cards in the latest care package from Fuji.




This PWE was full of neat inserts and parallels. 


Some Han-Ram here, and a purple refractor of blogger favorite Henry Owens.


Here are some cards I picked from Jon's Free Stuff Friday offerings:


Williams, Chesbro, and Bonds will go into my All-Time Teams binder (I'm rebooting that series when the 2020 baseball season starts -- assuming it starts on time.) I used to have a bunch of those Brett Favre NFL on Fox booklets and it's nice to have it back in my PC.

Thanks for the cards fellas, they were a nice surprise when I definitely needed one.


*Today is Canada Day, ya hosers. Here are some Canada-centic memes that made me chuckle.










Thanks for reading, eh.



~

3 comments:

  1. Voting for the Canadian Border Patrol meme.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That Skybox Play Action Match and Win booklet thing is cool. I spent years trying to track down the right side of the 1996 Skybox Premium Favre Exchange card. It was such a great feeling to cross that card off of my wantlist.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Posts with stuff from me in them don't seem to do very well for people, you probably should've just put Fuji's name in the title.

    ReplyDelete