Monday, September 4, 2017

50/50 swap meet meets the 50's


I've got a busy Labor Day lined up - brunch with the in-laws, job hunting and possibly installing an elliptical machine that has been lying around the house for over a year. My father-in-law couldnt put it together and now that he's gone I've got to give it a try.

On Saturday, as I was on my way out to the post office, I found a bubble mailer in my box from Jim of the Dodger-centric blog Garvey Cey Russell Lopes. Jim claimed my lot of.. surprise! ..L.A. Dodger cards.

In return, Jim sent about half hockey and half baseball - which is becoming a trend in the return fire I've received. Also a trend: hitting my wantlists. You guys are 4 for 4 so far!

The front and back of the stack featured 90's hockey stars my wife and I collect:

you know the rule - must show the back of 93-94 Leaf

Trevor Linden (the obscured Canadien is his brother Jamie)

In the middle of that ice oreo was a sweet Red Sox center:




The Workman and Han-Ram are numbered. I thought the Bowden would be, but it's not. And the Pink Pedey replaces one I bought on COMC - which was only $0.31 because it had a dinged corner.

Those are all awesome cards that fit my collection, but the three stars of this stack were incredible:



A '55 Bowman Russ Meyer for my Brooklyn collection, a Pedro relic, and a very nice '54 Topps Mel Parnell. I've had my eye on that card for quite a while. Check out the cartoon on the back:


Again, many thanks to Jim for this fantastic trade!


I've got a few more 50/50 trades to ship tomorrow and when all returns are received I will commence the Great Trader Giveaway - which should coincide with the end of the baseball season. 

Hope you're all having an relaxing Labor Day!


~

2 comments:

  1. I'll have mine out to you hopefully the end of the week, if not early next week.. Money's tight right now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No worries...money is tight here, too. it might be a couple weeks before I can send your second lot. Your first lot should be there soon, though. Let me know when you receive it.

      Delete