Monday, May 18, 2020

A Bounty from RandyLaw

I wanted to wrap up the trade with RandyLaw before I move on to the dime deals I snatched up at baseballcardstore.ca. Here's the rest of my bounty.


It's a bit of a stretch, but I just re-watched Once Upon A Time In Hollywood this weekend.


Lots of new Red Sox cards including the fantastic Jack Clark single from 1992 Topps.


Flagship. The 2007 Topps cards in the middle row are Red Sox team set issues.


More flagship. 



Some non-flagship. The David Price holo was listed as a base card. 



Manny and Papi. The Upper Deck card makes me smile. Man-Ram is a complicated figure for sure.



Here's an Oakland issue of Ramirez, along with other greats of the diamond. 



Legends galore, including a Randy Johnson refractor. 



Some candidates for the All-Time Teams collection, especially Gossage and Doby. 



Conlon Collection. Ross Youngs retired at age 29 (and died at age 30) due to a kidney illness, and still made it to Cooperstown.



Some random-ish stuff including Fernando batting and Straw signing autographs.



Chromes. I've got a bunch of Blake Snell but very few Jacob deGrom cards. 



Current year cards - except the '72 Votto mini. While sorting this stack I dropped a few singles and this flimsy little thing got creased. I was pretty pissed but it could have been worse.



I didn't ask for a whole lot of football in this trade, and some of these early '90s singles were added by Randy as replacements for cards I had requested. The creamsicle Craig Erickson is my favorite here.



A six-pack of Packers. Apparently I already had the Aaron Rodgers Absolute single, a fact that escaped me until I added these to my Packers binder last night. 

Over the past few days I've received multiple offers/counter-offers from traders who want to send me cards like this in exchange for my Michael Jordan base cards and inserts. I wonder why?


I grabbed a half-dozen 2011 Finest singles for this deal. Gore, Tomlinson, and A.D. are guys I've semi-collected over the years. Peyton Hillis had one good year and made a Madden cover. I was never a Wes Welker fan but he won me over after watching an episode of Caught In The Draft. Rutgers alum Kenny Britt lives in the same neighborhood as my manager. She's told me a couple stories about him.


This photo happened to appear on the MSN home page as I was writing this post.



The rest of the notables from RandyLaw, including Tom Brady and Drew Brees. The league leader card at the top left had some pretty rough corner dings. I may have to scrap that one. 


Here's a closer look at the Matthew Stafford Blue Prizm parallel, one of my favorite cards in the box. Randy, thanks for the great big trade!



******************************************

Thank you to everyone who commented on my previous post. Every one of the five Ivan Rodriguez cards I scanned received at least one vote for the Frankenset.

The winner (with six votes) is this 2001 Leaf Rookies & Stars single. Excellent choice.



I think I'll post the Kansas City Royals this Sunday. But which player will it be? Stay tuned. 




Thanks for reading!





~








4 comments:

  1. Nice stuff! I always love seeing Conlon cards. I also recently completely a huge deal with Randy and will show those off soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Steve Carlton was a Phillie. His Indians card is fake news. (Unless somebody on TCDB wants to trade for mine; then it's a rare gem.)

    For the Royals, I'd go Bo Jackson for peak and George Brett for career.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was really excited when the A's signed Manny and had hoped he'd eventually get the call. If I remember correctly... he did pretty well for them in Sacramento.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That blue Stafford is fantastic, and it's certainly not hard to see why it would be your favorite from this group.

    ReplyDelete