Wednesday, May 20, 2020

The King and the Colonel

I received my prize from The Diamond King's Big Fun Game earlier this week.


Woo-hoo! Aaron Rodgers Turkey Red RC! This is only my 2nd Rodgers RC and they're listed at about $25 on COMC - though I should say that using COMC as a price guide is less reliable than using Beckett at this point. This card was offered with five others, including a Brett Favre Ultra RC:


I do have this card already, but it's part of my PSA-graded Favre rookie card collection so this one will go in the Brett box. I'm at well over 800 different cards now. Thanks, DK!


I've been trying to make as many trades on TCDB as possible before the end of May. One such recently completed swap was with user colonel98801. This was another package that I found on my top step at 8am. (When the heck are they delivering mail these days?)


Pacific Legends and Conlon Collection. You know where these are going..


Set fillers, including the elusive Jose Vizcaino Ultra card to complete the 1993 set. I've now got more basketball cards than I can fit into one monster box - nearly 5,000 total cards.



Moar Farvez! Also, I love 1992 Upper Deck Gold. Reminds me of working at a card shop that had a bunch in a box of assorted singles on the counter.


The colonel included some extras. I'm not building the 1991-92 Upper Deck set but maybe I should. Look at that Shawn Kemp single! The "Reign Man" always had cool cards - just ask Jon.



I had originally included this Larry Bird sticker in my trade proposal but I removed it to make the offer equitable. I'm not sure how Duane could have known that, but he added it anyway.

I'm now one card away from completing the 1990-91 Fleer All-Stars set:




Who's missing? Let's see.. we've got Bird and Magic, Stockton and Malone, Olajuwon, Ewing and Robinson..


Aww, dammit. 





~

5 comments:

  1. That Rodgers RC was very nice. Fun game TDK ran, for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those allstars aren't stickers! Don't try to peel them! I finally completed that insert just last year. Ewing was the last I needed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love basketball junk wax. That Rodman Fleer Ultra is a great card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've got two boxes of 1990-91 Fleer that I've been meaning to open forever, if I do actually get around to them sometime soon, and if I do pull an MJ All-Star, and you still haven't traded for one, I'll send it to you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That Turkey Red Rodgers is awesome! I think it was the best card in that game... and there were a lot of great cards TDK offered up.

    ReplyDelete