Thursday, August 24, 2017

50/50 swap - Brian delivers in the leadoff spot

I've had kind of a rough day today. Nothing went right for me. Not gonna bore you all with the details. But when I got home and I saw a bubble mailer sticking out of my mailbox I had a feeling my luck was going to change. Who's getting this 50/50 swap started? I wondered as I approached the mailbox. Why it's Brian of the blog Highly Subjective and Completely Arbitrary

Brian claimed my stack of 50 Minnesota Twins, and I hope I sent him some decent ones because this was one heck of a return package!

I honestly did not know what to expect in return for these 50 card lots of mostly base cards with a few inserts/parallels/RCs tossed in. And I made it clear that all I was asking for in return was 50 cards. Any 50 cards. Surprise me. Offload your dupes, your junk, your least favorite teams/players. 

Or you could hit me with one of these:

 
Mmm...Fenway Franks! I think Brian busted open a set for that Scott Cooper.


I'm too broke to buy my own Stadium Club cards, so this is a huge help. Now I just need to get my hands on the Tim Raines and Billy Hamilton cards!


My first Steven Wright card. I'm so excited. (btw: the comedian Steven Wright is a Red Sox fan.)


Vintage Yaz and modern Yaz in a vintage design.


That's Mo Vaughn next to Big Papi's "God Doubles" card. Did Brian send this Brian Johnson because he saw my Brian Johnson blog post?


Some Packers arrived from Viking country. I've got about 2,000 Packers cards - nearly all of them from the 1990's - but I have never even seen these Playoff SB XXXI cards before.


Well, that's 51 cards. All from teams I collect. Can't ask for anything more than that.


What's that? There's more?


Yep. Brian sent 57 cards - including 3 more Packers I didn't scan...and these guys:


Boom! A Dustin Pedroia relic, a low-numbered Teddy ballgame, and a notable Marty Brodeur limited to 100 copies. These three alone were more than fair considering what I sent. Thank you very much Brian, that was a pleasant surprise! 


I'm shipping out one last batch of 50/50 lots this weekend - so if anyone reading this is interested, claim one now. This is the last time I'll mention it, but I'm open to trading with anyone at any time. 

Also, I've got a couple great gift ideas for the most generous trader in the 50/50 swap. Once all the trades are in I'll announce a winner. Brian has set the bar high - can anyone clear it? 


~




9 comments:

  1. Ooooo, Brian plays his hand early. Now we know what we have to beat ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not a competition...but he's winning ;)

      Delete
  2. I was like, yeah, what I send will be kind of comparable to this, maybe. Until I saw the last three!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That was definitely a nice surprise. But if what you send is anywhere close to the first 50, I'll be thrilled.

      Delete
  3. I wish I had more Packers to send you, I was happy to get those out of my house! The Super Bowl cards came in a repack a friend sent me, I wish I knew what the set was called.
    Cooper came from a boxed set of Pinnacle rookies I opened.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And I'm happy to take them off your hands. Are you a Vikings fan? I dont think I've seen any football on your blog - though I did see your post with the Pinnacle Rookies set and 92 Studio.

      Delete
    2. I suffer from the sickness that is cheering for the team that will crush a person's soul on a yearly basis in new and creative ways, yes. I made a rule to only collect baseball cards, though. I never turn away cards in trade, but I don't buy football cards (or basketball or hockey) anymore.

      Delete